Welcome to the Huracan API documentation!
Huracan is an open source, 0-dimensional, object-oriented airbreathing engine modelling package for preliminary analysis and design of airbreathing engines, divulgation and educational purposes.
In the diagram below can be seen how Huracan models an engine. Fundamentally:
- Work is distributed through the shafts
- Each stream posesses a gas instance which undergoes a series of processes.
- Ideal gas model
- Adiabatic compression and expansion
- Isobaric heat exchanges (albeit a pressure ratio can be provided in these cases)
- Compartmentalization of the gas model, thermodynamic process methods and component classes
- Gas splitting and merging operations are conducted at runtime
- Stream functions overtaken by system functions at runtime when a system is created
Engine modelling diagram
Component inheritance diagram
Expand source code
# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: © 2021 Antonio López Rivera <email@example.com> # SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-only """ .. include:: ./documentation.md """
Huracan engine components
Huracan engine elements
Huracan thermodynamics methods